Announced first in Google I/O 2016, Google has finally unveiled their AI assistant messenger app, Allo to public today. A new smart messaging application that not on allowing you to have conversations with your friends but also allows you to check details about restaurants, your flight timing and a lot more. You can download Google Allo right now, to begin with!
One might be wondering we already of the huge bunch of instant messenger applications catering across categories. But what Google Allo does is something different from others. It has an AI chat bot that can help you with queries while you enjoy chatting with your buddies.
How does Google Allo work?
Google Allo is a new way of interacting with Google to be precise. It is an assistant that will soon be tied up with Google Home, the Amazon Echo competitor. But one would get confused if start comparing with Google Now and Google Search.
What Google Allo does is, it picks up flight details from your gmail and reminds you. It picks up your upcoming meeting from the calendar and notifies you. Various other things that Google Now is already doing for years. Still, we get another platform to do that now. By saying “OK Google”, you can get answers to most of the queries you want. Thank to search engine giant!
But wait, Allo is way smarter. It has an AI bot sitting behind to chat with you. Like if you want to know more about the place you are visiting, you can basically ask Allo. It responds you and also has this really nice “suggestion chips” which simplifies your next question. Basically, Google AI predicts your next questions and shows them as suggested replies underneath the last answer it gave you. That’s really interesting!
Features of Google Allo
- Respond quickly with Smart Reply: As said before, the suggested chips are the way to have a quicker conversation while you are on the move. With Smart Reply, you can respond to messages with just a tap, so you can send a quick “yup” in response to a friend asking “Are you on your way?” Smart Reply will also suggest responses for photos.
- Ink: Get creative with the photos you send by doodling on them or adding text. This Allo is more than just a text. You can make emojis and text larger or smaller in size by simply dragging the “send” button up or down. Make photos your own by scribbling on them before you send.
- Stickers: This is not new but looks more similar to what Facebook messenger offers today. They are designed by independent artists and studios from around the world.
- Your personal Google Assistant: Hello Siri.. Err… @Google will help you will any query you have right inside your chat window! Neat I say!
- Incognito mode: Send messages with end-to-end encryption, use private notifications to help keep your chats more discreet, and control how long your messages stick around with expiring chats.
All-in-all, Google Allo will be a great application to have on your phone today. It is not only a messenger application but also a personal assistant. It way more than WhatsApp, Hike or WeChat!