LeEco a.k.a LeTV is one of the largest content providers in China. They have more than 6500 copyrights for movies and series who lately entered the smartphone arena. Well, they appeared with a bang. LeTv entered India with a new name, new brand and with a device by name LeEco Le 1s. What’s so special about the device? Let’s find it out in our first impressions.
Yes, the LeEco (pronounced lah-eeko) is a yet another Chinese manufacturer to enter the Indian market. The combination of content plus a killer device took them to one of the top sellers in China. Can the same happen in India?
7 Point Something about LeEco Le 1s
Here are the 7 reasons why we think LeEco Le 1s can put their competitors a run for their money!
- Build Quality: We have seen many value-for-money devices lately in India. But most of them were carrying a plastic body. What Le 1s gives you for Rs. 11,000 is a complete metal unibody smartphone. The LeEco Le 1s unibody is made up of Aluminium metal. It has a beautiful chamfered edges and it does feel good to hold. The only other device that impressed us such a perfect build quality is Nexus 6P. Yes, that’s 11k v/s 40k comparison, we just did!
- Screen: The 5.5-inch screen size has become the norm lately. We hardly see 5-inch or below screen size. What really differentiates is the screen quality of the device. Though the devices flaunt full HD resolution, the LeEco Le 1s has a gorgeous display. The device comes with an ultra-thin bezel around it that keeps the dimensions in control.
- Processor: The LeEco Le 1s is powered by MediaTek’s last years top end chipset Helio X10 a 64-bit turbo octa-core chipset clocked at 2.2 GHz. The chipset that was found on flagship devices like Meizu MX5, HTC One M9+, and others, is used on a Rs. 11,000 worth LeEco 1s. Anything more to be said? This is one of the best processors of the year 2015 that gave a tough competition to other flagship worthy chipsets.
- Camera: When everything is perfect, the camera can go wrong. But the LeEco Le 1s can produce some amazing shots. The 13MP camera on the rear and 5MP camera on the front is just perfect. The color reproduction is great, rich and perfect! The rear camera can shoot a 4K video and front camera can shoot 1080p videos. Is there any other smartphone that gives you such feature? I don’t think so. These are found mostly on flagship devices or a device worth more than Rs. 20k.
- IR Blaster: The LeEco Le 1s comes with an IR blaster that can turn the smartphone into a remote controller. As a matter of fact, it does come preinstalled with a remote control application that supports nearly 40 TV brands, ACs, and projectors.
- USB Type-C: The device comes packed with the latest gen USB Type-C port that offers a transfer rate of 10Gbps, which is double the transfer speed of USB 3.0 (5 Gbps). Yes, again, found only on limited devices like OnePlus 2, Nexus 6P, Nexus 5x and few others. The LeEco has incorporated such latest technology on a budget-to-mid-range device, Le 1s.
- Fingerprint Scanner: Last but not least, as seen on most of the devices in 2015, fingerprint scanner was found on the budget to high-end devices. But what Le 1s delivers is one of the fastest fingerprint sensors. It is perfect and gives a tough competition to devices like Nexus 6P and Coolpad Note 3 in this regards.
Bonus: The LeEco Le 1s has got a great speaker towards the bottom part of the device. It is loud, clear and crisp.
Well, all-in-all, the LeEco Le 1s seems to be a worthy contender and value-for-money device. It has got everything perfect in it. I’m really impressed so far with my first impressions. I will soon be doing a complete review of the device where we will get to see more indepth matters of the smartphone. The device is going on a flash sale on February 2 exclusively on Flipkart. Hope our first impression helps you in going for it.
Stay tuned for our complete review coming in few days!