Smartphone launches in India had become a just another thing in India. But, at times it turns out to be consumers delight. Joining the bandwagon of flagship devices, Lenovo Z2 Plus goes official in India starting at Rs. 17,999. This becomes the cheapest smartphone to run on Snapdragon 820 processor in India. Not just that, it packs some great hardware combined with killer software. Coming in two variants, the Z2 Plus will be exclusively sold via Amazon India.
The Lenovo Z2 Plus is a rebranded version of Zuk Z2 that was launched in China a month back. Don’t get confused. Zuk is a sub-brand of Lenovo itself. But the company is not planning to bring an all-new brand to India as it already has Moto in India. So the new Z-series from Lenovo is here and they are very affordable!
Lenovo Z2 Plus – A Cheapest Smartphone Running on Snapdragon 820 in India!
Yes, as said before, Lenovo Z2 Plus becomes the cheapest smartphone offering that runs on powerful and flagship SoC, Qualcomm Snapdragon 820. The chipset seen only on flagship devices is now available at an affordable price tag.
Talking about the other specifications of the device, the Lenovo Z2 Plus comes with 3GB/4GB RAM with 32GB/64GB inbuilt storage. The device flaunts a 5-inch display with Full HD resolution. There is a 13MP ISOCELL camera with PDAF and 8MP front shooter with 1.4μm pixels. It has got a fingerprint scanner on the front button just like any other phone with SD 820 SoC This year.
Connectivity wise, the Z2 Plus carries Bluetooth 4.1 and USB-C port. It packs a very good 3500mAh battery with Quick Charge 3.0. Wait, this adds another title to this phone. Cheapest smartphone to carry Quick Charge 3.0 as well? It runs on Android Marshmallow out of the box and comes with a custom skin from Lenovo. Interestingly, Lenovo has moved away from Cyanogen OS, which we saw on Lenovo Z1.
What are the User Selling Points of Lenovo Z2 Plus?
Talking about the USP’s of Lenovo Z2 Plus, it packs some interesting features.
- Complete Utilization of Snapdragon 820 Processor: Yes, the Z2 Plus takes full advantage of the 820 SoC (System on chip) with all aspects activated. There is no feature of this SoC left out. There is a separate chip for handling Audio without waking up main cores and a lot more.
- Fiber Glass Body: Saves from heating issues and feels good to hold compared to metal or glass body. Also, shockproof to some extent.
- U health app: Z2 Plus has a dedicated application to track all your fitness needs. U health app keeps track of your step, distance and calories with the help of dedicated Pedometer, Gyroscope, Accelerometer and sensor processing unit of Snapdragon 820. The app is extremely accurate and consumes very little power.
- U-Touch Button: This should be a very important USP of Lenovo Z2 Plus. A single button on the front with 7 functionalities. Fingerprint, single tap, double tap, long press, swipe right, swipe left and swipe up. Apart from Fingerprint and Long press, everything else is customizable.
- Custom ROMs: For geeks like me, Zuk Z2 (Lenovo Z2 Plus here) gets a support from a range of custom ROMs including CyanogenMod, Oppo’s Colors, Meizu’s Flyme, Smartian, OnePlus’s H2 OS etc. Surprise surprise. It also gets Remix OS support as well which is going to be killer!
Need more? Wait for our complete review of the device 😀
Pricing and Availability
We have been telling cheapest smartphone to run on Snapdragon 820 from the beginning. So, the Lenovo Z2 Plus is priced at Rs 19,999 for the 4GB + 64GB & Rs 17,999 for the 3GB + 32GB. It will be exclusively available on Amazon starting September 25th, 2016 12pm. Both Black & white colors along with the 2 memory configurations would be available for sale.
The smartphone will come with a premium Chrono Case Accessory with 5 different Chrono faces. The Matte Black Stealth Case worth Rs 699 will be bundled with the phone.